Now and again, we all lift that box that is too heavy or wake up with shoulder pain and have no idea how we got it. We may suffer for a while, thinking it’ll get better, and then reluctantly call our doctor for some sort of answer and hopefully relief. If we are lucky enough to get more than just a general-maybe-diagnosis, we get an x-ray or maybe a temporary prescription for pain, muscle spasms, or inflammation. If that doesn’t work, we’ll get referred to a series of PT visits or take matters into our own hands and see a Chiropractor or massage therapist. We’ll have suffered through weeks of annoying pain. Sound all too familiar?
Something has to change so that people aren’t waiting weeks to feel better or worse yet, never feel better at all!
If there is an actual event, an injury that you remember, by all means, seek medical attention as soon as possible. If there is no event, please consider calling a massage therapist specializing in the latest pain relieving technologies for soft tissue dysfunction. Don’t settle for run-of-the-mill “deep tissue massage.” This type of massage further compresses into tissue that is already dysfunctionally compressed. You might feel better for a day or two after you get over feeling beat up, but that is so old school.
What New Skills Should the LMT Have?
- Myofascial decompression (MediCupping™) – gives your nerves more room to fire correctly and helps remove acidic buildup that irritates those nerves
- Magnetic acupressure – shifts the polarity of that acidic buildup to more alkaline and makes it thinner and easier to remove.
- Percussive therapy (AcuPulse Tool)- reboots nerves, stops muscle spasms, and melts knots.
- Gentle muscle scraping (Graston Technique or Gua Sha) – lengthens muscle fibers that have been all bunched up and in knots
- CBD Clinic Level 5 Pain oil – interrupts pain signals for immediate and long-lasting relief up to 8 hours for muscle pain and 6 hours for nerve pain.
- Kinesio Taping® – helps turn off muscle spasms, holds tissue layers open for days so that nerves maintain space to heal calmly, bad/acidic fluids can leave, and good fluids can rehydrate and nourish your muscles.
- Heat – via hot moist packs or Himalayan salt stones – relaxes the client and the misfiring muscle fibers.
- Far-infrared light therapy – Your body’s reaction to the heat can make you less perceptive to pain, more alert, and give you a feeling of emotional elation when your pleasure hormones dopamine & other endorphins are released.
You could be feeling better much faster with advanced massage technologies.
MassageFIX offers a 60 or 75 min Just FIX Me treatment that includes everything but the far-infrared light (book separately before treatment).
The 60-minute version contains 15 minutes of heat, 30 minutes of MediCupping™ (AcuPulse tool, CBD, muscle scraping, cupping & magnets), and 15 minutes of Kinesio Taping®. This 60-minute version is best for one area (example: neck/upper back or just low back).
The 75-minute version contains 15 minutes of heat, 45 minutes of MediCupping™ (AcuPulse tool, CBD, muscle scraping, cupping & magnets), and 15 minutes of Kinesio Taping®. This 75-minute version is best for one large area or two small areas that are connected. Example: low back and hips or the bottom of one foot and its connecting calf muscle.
If you are unsure of exactly what you need, please call our office at 270-904-3474, and Melissa Strautman, LMT, CKTP, will be glad to speak with you and help you decided.